- Read, or use any EVElopedia Site without registering an account.
- Register for an account without providing an email address or real name.
Because we want to understand how EVElopedia Sites are used so we can make them better for you, we collect some information when you:
- Make public contributions.
- Register an account or update your user page.
- Use the Wikimedia Sites.
- Send us emails or participate in a survey or give feedback.
We are committed to:
- Using reasonable measures to keep your information secure.
- Never selling your information or sharing it with third parties for marketing purposes.
- Only sharing your information in limited circumstances, such as to improve the EVElopedia Sites, to comply with the law, or to protect you and others.
- Retaining your data for the shortest possible time that is consistent with maintaining, understanding, and improving the EVElopedia Sites, and our obligations under law.
- Any content you add or any change that you make to a EVElopedia Site will be publicly and permanently available.
- Our community of volunteer editors and contributors is a self-policing body. Certain administrators of the EVElopedia Sites, who are chosen by the community, use tools that grant them limited access to nonpublic information about recent contributions so they may protect the EVElopedia Sites and enforce policies.
- As part of our commitment to education and research around the world, we occasionally release public information and aggregated or non-personal information to the general public through data dumps and data sets.